Walk ins welcome or make an appointment today to receive your DOT/CDL Medical Card!(732) 424-1717
Only $70 Cash ($85 credit)
At Campana Chiropractic & DOT Exam Center we help drivers in need of DOT/CDL Physicals in Piscataway, South Plainfield, Edison, New Brunswick, and surrounding areas.
Get your DOT/CDL Medical Physical Exam in 15 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
-Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee–
DOT/CDL PHYSICAL EXAMS:
STEP 1. Fill out a 1-page brief health history
STEP 2. Complete your DOT/CDL Physical Exam with Thomas Campana, D.C. or Andrew Campana, D.C. who are Certified DOT Medical Examiners for the FMCSA.
- Review of brief medical history
- Height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion, breathing, eyes, ears
- Discuss special medical conditions
- Urinalysis for basic urinalysis test
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a DOT/CDL medical certificate to keep with you at all times while you are driving.
- You get 2 copies of the DOT/CDL medical certificate, one for you, one for your company. If you need, we will also fax the DOT/CDL certificate to your company.
- We will keep a scanned copy of your DOT/CDL certificate on file at our office.
Appointment Times – Call (732)-424-1717
Walk-ins are welcome, but to ensure we’ll be available at the time you want, call (732)-424-1717 to set up an appointment with Dr. Campana for your DOT/CDL Physical Exam.
Monday: 9:00am-1:00pm, 3:00pm-7:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-1:00pm, 3:00pm-7:00pm
Friday: 9:00am-1:00pm, 3:00pm-7:00pm
690 Stelton Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
DOT/CDL Physical Exam: Things to Plan in Advance:
- If you have a medical condition you’re going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition – Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition – If you’ve had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you’ll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea – Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications – List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information – Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT/CDL Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don’t run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you’re significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day – or even the following day.
- Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the amount of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT/CDL physical exam, cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chops, etc, and don’t add salt to your food. Also reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible. Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT/CDL Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eye glasses and /or hearing aid (it’s surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past ‘White Coat’ Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers all day long. We understand that passing your DOT/CDL physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic.
Back Pain? Neck Pain? Shoulder Pain? Leg Pain?
Repetitive strain injury builds up over time in long distance drivers. Many drivers come in to see us with back pain. One of the injuries Dr. Campana sees often is ‘truckers shoulder‘. Others come in with hip and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustments are the key treatment Dr. Campana uses to help patients get out of pain and improve their ability to perform their work. Our clinic has Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture and Physiotherapy to help you get out of pain quickly. If you have pain, ask Dr. Campana about it. If he can help you he’ll tell you! If it’s not a condition he can help, he’ll tell you that too!
Your Certified DOT Medical Examiners
At Campana Chiropractic and DOT Center we understand the importance of you passing your DOT/CDL physical exam. Our goal is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT/CDL physical exam and make your DOT/CDL Medical Certification as hassle free as possible.